Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I heart Fridays!

I know I've posted before about how much I love Fridays. It's the start to our weekend and we love having Ryan home! This past Friday was especially nice because we'd had a really busy week.

The first great thing about our day was that Hailey slept until 6:30. The past few weeks, she's been waking up extra early on Fridays for some reason. Then Ryan surprised me by making pancakes for breakfast! They were yummy!

After breakfast, Hailey decided that Ryan looked like a good pillow.


The rest of the day we just spent together. I ran errands and we played and cleaned up a little bit. Friday night, Ryan and I had a Singles Event to go to at the church and Hailey got to hang out with a babysitter. (One of the other pastor's wives kept her because all of her normal babysitters were at the singles event at the church.)

We met at the church for pizza and then headed to a local corn maze. It was a lot of fun! I had never done a corn maze before, especially at night, but we had a great time! The farm had a lot of fun things to do. They had some games and bounce houses for kids, little petting zoo, pony rides, hay rides and of course the corn maze. Since we went at night, we didn't do a whole lot of the other stuff there but we did do the corn maze, hay ride and fed the goats.

a map of the maze...we made it thru!

Ryan and I being silly before we started the maze

We had a great time hanging out with friends from the church and getting to know them better. I love the fact that I'm really starting to feel like we have friends here in Raleigh; people we can hang out with in and out of church and people that know about our lives. It makes it feel so much more like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment