Sunday, June 5, 2016

#momlife

Our life around here lately has been busy. Busy with sickness (unfortunately), fun times, laughter and lots of outside time. Basically I feel like it's the typical mom life...

Our bout with sickness started around Mother's Day, yes that's almost a month ago. The kids both had colds so we stayed home from church that morning. Here is my beautiful Mother's Day picture 
I love these two!
Hailey had her Mother's Day tea at school the next day and she gave me her gift, sang her adorable songs then we sat down for a snack. Hailey started telling me her stomach hurt and true to #momlife, she threw up. At school. In the hallway. Poor baby. I'm just glad I was already there and she didn't have to wait for me to pick her up. 
The next few days were lots of cleaning and eating Popsicles for both kids. Yep, they both got it. 
Then they both ended up with ear infections. After being on antibiotics a few days they felt much better and we had some fun family days
Playing outside

Family pictures taken by our friend 
Swimming at an indoor pool
Getting a fish (which died two days later)

Playing in boxes
And much more. 
The kids and I had a fun trip to Charlotte for Memorial Day planned. We had a great Friday with Mimi, taking bike rides and eating cool whip. 

Then we went to Grams and Das' house. Reece started feeling a little under the weather so Hailey, Das and I went to the parade by ourselves. Hailey had a blast getting lots of candy!
We had fun playing with our cousins and swimming in the pool too



But unfortunately the colds kept getting worse and by the time we left on Tuesday Reece was pitiful. Well it turns out her had hand, foot and mouth. Worst.sickness.ever
The next week was lots of snuggles, tv and Tylenol. We had some sweet moments thrown in but lots of pitiful ones too. 
My parents came down on Friday and we got to go out on the lake! My mom stayed with Reece because he was still sick. It was the first time Hailey had been on a boat and she LOVED it. 
When she jumped in the water she asked, "are there sharks in here?!" 
There will be many more lake days in our future. :)
The kids and I missed out on several fun things this weekend but we tried to have a little fun


It seems that everyone is on the mend for now and I pray it stays that way. I love mom life and the ones who made me a mommy but it is more fun when they are well ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment