Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Parties Galore

This past week / weekend we had a lot of Christmas parties and get-togethers to attend. It was so much fun to be able to hang out with friends and enjoy the friendships God has blessed us with here in Raleigh.

Tuesday night was our pastors' wives Christmas get-together. Each month we meet for a prayer time for one another and to just get to know each other more. It is so encouraging to be able to talk with other pastors' wives, learn from them and pray together. I have enjoyed it so much since coming to Providence. (Sorry, I forgot to take any pictures).

Thursday night was the staff Christmas party for Providence. Hailey stayed at home with Sarah (the wonderful babysitter who doesn't seem to mind my baby crying too much) and from what I hear, they read LOTS and LOTS of books! Sound like my baby?! Anyways, we had a great time at the Christmas party and just enjoyed spending time with the people that Ryan serves alongside everyday. It was a nice, more formal party so it was fun to dress up and have somewhere to go. They had a wonderful dinner and an improv group gave us a little entertainment.

Ryan and I- I'm so glad he wore a suit!

Andrew, me and Ryan- the Charlotteians transplanted to Raleigh

Ryan, Bev and David- wonderful blessings as we learn the singles ministry
Saturday night was our LIFE class Christmas party. Once again Hailey missed out on the fun. But she got to stay with Jodi and Chad, friends who are at Southeastern and having a baby in February. Hopefully she didn't scare them about parenthood too badly! Can you guess what she wanted to do with them?


Wasn't Chad a good sport?! It was SUCH a blessing that they were willing to keep Hailey for us. It really allowed us (me) to just have fun spending time with others at the party and not having to worry about if Hailey was happy or tired or needed to be fed or it was close to her bedtime.

We had a tacky sweater party and here are a few of the fun ones.

the winners of the contest
some were homemade! and lit up!
Ryan and James
Ryan and I
 We also did a $10 gift exchange. There were some pretty funny gifts, as well as some nice ones. I think the funniest one had to be the "Forever Lazy" that Josie got.





Too funny!

We had a busy, but oh so fun week hanging out with friends. We're looking forward to more over the next few weeks!

And because I know the grandmas are sad there isn't a picture of Hailey yet...here is my sweet girl before church yesterday.





No comments:

Post a Comment