Thursday, May 14, 2015

Makes My Teacher Heart Proud

Hailey amazes me everyday with her vocabulary, attention to detail and new skills I didn't know she had. But last week my teacher heart loved seeing two more skills.
Sorting: We were playing with a box of her little figurines. There were ponies, palace pets, and mickey friends. Hailey sorted them independently by type. She's done things like that before but what amazed me was when she said "Let's do it again by color!" It was so neat to see her process and realize that the same group of things could be sorted different ways.
 
Then she had to stuff them all in her pockets :)
She has just started to get into coloring pictures. Yesterday we were coloring a picture together and on the back was a color-by-number so I told her how to do it. We worked thru it together because she didn't quite get to color the whole block for each number. But she found every number by herself and colored it the right color!
My big girl is growing up and learning so many new things. I can't even think to what she'll be doing in the fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment