Monday, July 20, 2015

Reece is 5 months old!

I really can't believe it. Reece is 5 months old (yesterday). I feel like I just wrote his 4 month post and yet he has changed so much in just a month.

We didn't go to the doctor this month but I'm thinking Reece weighs around 15 1/2 pounds. He's definitely gained weight since last month. He is still wearing 6 month clothes and size 2 diapers. Reece still gets a bottle in the morning and at bedtime and nurses during the day. We had to increase his reflux meds this month as well. He now eats dinner every night. We started with just rice cereal to get him used to swallowing something and have now added in a little bit of baby food. So far he has tried bananas, sweet potatoes and apples. He wasn't too fond of the apples the first night we tried them but warmed up to them after that.

Reece got his first two teeth this month! He got the bottom two teeth. I really didn't think he was teething yet aside from extra drool but one night he was chewing on my finger and I felt them! Sure enough, two little teeth were trying to pop through.
 
Sleep has been rough this month, I'm not going to lie. We had a great sleeper just a few weeks ago and then something changed. If I knew what it was I would change it back in a heartbeat. Reece went from waking once a night to now waking every 2 hours or less again. It is rough! He's not really waking up because he's hungry though. Sometimes it's as easy as putting in a paci and he'll go back to sleep. But most times I have to rock him to get him back to sleep and then just an hour or so later he's up again. I love my little boy and I'm really trying to cherish these nighttime rocks but I need sleep too!
Reece has also really become a Mommy's boy this month. He really prefers Mommy to Daddy right now, so much so that if he's crying and Ryan is holding him I can just take him and he stops. It's kind of funny but can be frustrating at times if I need to get something done.
He is working on sitting up but still falls forward a lot if he's sitting in between our legs. He tries to flip himself out of the bumbo and bouncy seat if we put him in it though. He tries to roll to the side to get something or look at something. He is scooting across the floor like a champ! It's crazy! Occasionally he'll get up on all fours for a second but he can scoot with the best of them. He also loves to hold and chew on toys. He still loves his toes and when laying on his back with immediately grab them, if he doesn't roll over and start scooting. He is super curious about everything now. The other day I was taking Hailey's picture and Reece just scooted over to her and started playing with the jewels on her sandals. He loves our phones and tries to reach for them too!
Also changing this month is Reece's feelings about the car. He HATES it. Like screams the entire time we are in the car no matter what. He usually starts crying before we are out of the driveway and doesn't stop until I get him out when we get somewhere. It's not his car seat (we've tried a normal convertible one turned backwards) so we're guessing it has something to do with not being able to see me and being strapped in.
He has changed so much in just a month, who knows what next month's post will look like! (Here's to hoping his sleep changes ;) ) We love you Reece Anthony!

No comments:

Post a Comment