Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Trip to Tennessee

I am so behind on blogging. Remember how I said Reece isn't sleeping well...try waking up every two hours at night. So needless to say, when naptime finally comes, I don't really feel like blogging. I try to rest too!

Anyways, we got back from our trip to Tennessee almost two weeks ago. The kids, me and my mom went out there for a few days because our family hadn't gotten to meet Reece yet. We had a blast seeing grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles. It was fun to see Hailey really interact and play with my cousins' kids (I don't know what that makes them in relation to her)

First the kids and I drove from Raleigh to Charlotte and spent a day or so. We had a super fun playdate with Mrs. Jackie and Charley

and then some fun with Tucker and Mack
The next morning we headed out. My mom drove and I sat squished in the back between the two carseats because Reece HATES the car. We made a few stops on the way but finally made it to Banner Springs. While we were there we had to feed the fish with Cailin

And then Hailey went for a ride on Granny's scooter. Ha!

The next morning we got up and traveled another few hours to visit family in Nashville. Gigi was in love with Reece's rolls. :)
We got to see Mitsey, Jacob and David too. David impressed us with his knowledge of Hailey's new favorite show "Paw Patrol"
I hate that I didn't get any pictures of Mitsey or Jacob with the kids :(

We spent one night there and then traveled back to Banner the next afternoon. Then Hailey got to feed the fish some more. Even Reece got to go this time! Someone kept eating our fish food ;)
Hailey also got to go to Bobby Gene's and feed the goats (she had been asking for months to feed the goats), and ride a horse.
(Don't worry they only rode in the back because it was at the end of the driveway)

I thought Hailey would be more excited about the horse. Don't get me wrong, she was excited, but I guess I expected more giddiness from her. Of course, she did wake up at 4:30 or 5 every morning we were there. So that may have affected her...
After another day or so there, we headed back to Charlotte. It was a looong drive back in the pouring rain and Reece looked like this most of the time, but we made it.
We all slept well at Grams' that night! Then before we headed back to Raleigh Hailey got to spend the night with Mimi. She was SO excited! They had a blast and I'm pretty sure Hailey didn't miss me at all. They went to the mall, the aquarium, the pool and of course played with Beau (the dog). The next morning, Reece and I went to hang out for a few hours before making the trip back to Raleigh to see Daddy. We discovered Reece thinks that the dog is hilarious (you should see the video of him laughing at him. Precious!). Here is the only picture I took that day.
Poppi, Reece and Bobo
Doesn't Reece look like he's up to something?! I think I'm going to have my hands full with that one.

We had a GREAT trip but it was so wonderful to come home to Daddy! Reece was so excited to be out of the car...and he got to try out his new big boy bath seat!
We loved our time in Charlotte and Tennessee! Looking forward to next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment