Monday, January 4, 2016

Christmas in Tennessee- part 2

Sunday morning we made the trek to Nashville. We had plans to do Christmas with my dad's side of the family that afternoon but first we wanted to check into our hotel and get settled. We were SO excited and thankful that my dad surprised us with reservations at the Opryland Hotel! We grew up always visiting the hotel to see the beautiful atriums all decorated for Christmas and now we were getting to stay there! 

After checking in, we got our stuff into the room and decided to explore. Ryan and Reece decided to stay in the room and try to rest so Hailey and I were on our own. As we walked in to atrium she said, "it's our first visit to the jungle, mommy!" She was so excited! I could barely keep up with her. 
She immediately noticed that all of the ponds had coins in them and wanted to throw some but I didn't have any with me so that had to wait. 
But I don't think she minded... She got distracted by the "dancing water"
She wanted her picture with the nutcracker 

After our trip to the jungle we headed over to meme's house to celebrate Christmas a little more! Both kids fell asleep in the car on the way there so it took a little while of them to wake up and not be grouchy once we arrived ;)
We had some yummy food and then sent everyone outside to play before presents. They enjoyed playing football! Ha! 
 After they got some energy out we opened a few gifts. Hailey got her favorite gift of Christmas- a vet kit! And Reece got several balls and a new fire tuck. 
Of course Reece had a blow out which ruined his cute Christmas shirt 
I hate that I didn't get a picture of the kids with meme (Gigi) I don't know how I forgot!

It was getting a little later and the kids were starting to tire out so we headed back to the hotel to explore a little more. Julie, trey and the boys went with us. 
Ryan took Reece back to the room to put him to bed but Hailey and I stayed out to enjoy the lights a little more. She had so much fun with her cousins! And trey gave her a few coins to throw into the pond! 



All of this was just Nashville day 1! There's still more to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment