Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Fun with Mimi

Hailey and I went to Charlotte this weekend for me to attend a workshop to keep up my teaching license. But of course we couldn't just go for the workshop...we had to have a little fun with family too! On Sunday we went apple picking with my family, more on that later. But on Monday Hailey stayed with Ryan's mom, Mimi, and they got to go to the aquarium!
I didn't even know Kathy was planning to take Hailey and last week she wanted to check out "Curious George Goes to the Aquarium" from the library so it worked out perfectly! Hailey was sooooo excited to go. I got these pictures while in my workshop



Kathy (and Hailey) said she had a blast. She never stopped moving, running from one exhibit to the next looking for fish, starfish and eels. When I asked Hailey what her favorite part was she said the eel. "He hid in the seaweed". She also told me about the "hammer shark", the sting ray, seahorses and fish. Ryan's mom got her a stuffed dolphin and dolphin bracelet in the gift shop and neither have left her sight since. She's slept with the dolphin at nap and bed time and asks for the bracelet as soon as she gets up.
This girl loves animals! This was the perfect treat for her and she loved it! Thank you Mimi!

No comments:

Post a Comment