Monday, February 9, 2015

Valentine Crafting

Almost everyday Hailey asks if she can do a craft. The girl loves glue. Seriously, give her a glue stick and some paper and she will be perfectly content, and very sticky, for at least 15 minutes. I've had to get creative in my crafting with her. We've adapted a few pinterest ideas and even a few I used to do with my kindergarteners. Here are a few of our Valentine crafts this year...
We made the first one on a canvas. I thought it would be a cute decoration and Hailey is so proud of it. She shows it to everyone who comes to our house!
First she finger painted the canvas. I gave her red, pink and white paint and of course she mixed them all together. Oh well.

 Then while we waited for it to dry, we glued pink and red buttons onto a felt heart.
When everything was dry I hot glued the heart to the canvas and viola! Adorable decoration. (Excuse Hailey's hair in these pics. She didn't take a nap this day and was a little wild...not to mention she wanted to dress up as a train conductor all afternoon and ran around with her train whistle yelling "all aboard!")

Another day we made a Valentine wreath. I cut a heart out of a paper plate and let her glue red, pink and white tissue paper to the outside. She liked this one so much we actually made two! I think it was because she was in charge of the glue stick...
 Gotta love her finished pics


We also made Daddy a picture
And then to go with the sun catchers we made previously, we made a variation of a craft I used to do with my kindergarteners for Christmas. Of course my kindergarteners did this whole process by themselves and used a Christmas tree but for us...I cut out a paper heart then we worked together to use a hole puncher to make holes then glued tissue paper to the back to cover the holes.
 George had to help a little
 Finished! You can see our sun catchers in the corner of this picture.
We've done a few more here and there but I forgot to take pictures of them. Love my crafty girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment