Friday, August 7, 2015

Picture Catch-up

I realize that I am sooo behind in blogging so here is my attempt to catch up...with pictures. That's what everyone likes to see anyways, right?!

My cuties ready for church

Hailey now makes her bed in the mornings! It's not perfect but it is a good lesson in responsibility

Reece is all-but crawling. He is so close! He will get up on all fours and rock then move one leg forward. He sometimes gets a hand up there too. He just hasn't found the coordination yet. His sister is the best encourager. He loves to go for the remotes, phones and my little ponies. :)

He can totally get to almost anywhere he wants to with his inch worm crawl though. Evidence: I was making breakfast in the kitchen and left Reece on the blanket in the middle of the floor and came back to this...him on the other side of the room exploring the ab roller. Ha!
He is almost sitting up too! He has already figured out how to get from "crawling" to sitting and usually ends up like this: propped up on one arm.
 One Thursday it was just not going so well. You know that kind of afternoon? Well we decided not to let Thursday win and enjoyed eating (or letting melt) a popscicle on the porch. Who cares that it was about 100 degrees outside?

One day I was folding clothes in Reece's room and Hailey asked if she could help. Of course! I took the burp clothes out to show her how to fold them and she surprised me with this...she already knew how! She is watching everything I do...a good reminder to me
We hadn't done an art project in a while and Hailey was asking to use "contact paper" so we decided to make an aquarium.
blue tissue paper for the water
cut out ocean animals

How pretty!
Daddy preached all three services at church last week and while we were at home waiting on the city to come fix our water (yeah...AT&T was digging in our neighborhood to put in new lines and cut our water line. Long story short, 24 hours and about 1000 phone calls later it was fixed...we made it in time for the last service!) we watched Daddy thru our livestream on the website. Gotta love technology!
Daddy went to a conference in Nashville earlier this week. We were home alone for one night before Mimi came to rescue us and it was a rough one! Reece was up about 1000 times and up for good at 4 AM! Hailey got up at 5! So we went for donuts at 6:30...that's aloud, right?!
We were SOOO glad Mimi came to hang out with us! Sadly, the only picture I took was of them making cupcakes...Hailey absolutely adores her Mimi and was so glad to see her. She kept telling me, "Mommy, I want some Mimi-time. Can you take Reece upstairs?"

Last night I was making stuffed peppers for dinner and Hailey wanted to help. This turned out to be the perfect job for her!

Shew! I think you're caught up! Thanks for sticking with us! I'll try to get better...if only Reece would sleep...



No comments:

Post a Comment