Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend Review

This weekend was a busy one! It felt super long because we had so much to do and so much going on. All good things, but still tiring none the less.

Friday we did a lot of stuff at the house. Correction, Ryan did a lot of stuff outside at the house. He pressure washed the driveway, walkway and back patio, mowed the grass and did a bunch of yard work. We haven't taken a lot of time on the outside of the house yet, mostly just maintaining what is already here since we're doing so much inside. But Ryan has been wanting to pressure wash the driveway since we moved in and this weekend was the time.

Such a hard working hubby!

Cleaning the outside a little prompted us to put out our new welcome mat too. Someone was very interested in it.


Side note: Friday for lunch I was going to warm up some frozen peas for Hailey and gave her a still frozen one to occupy her while they were cooking and she loved it! So, she had frozen peas at lunch with her grilled cheese and mashed potatoes. I think they helped her teeth to feel better too since she's cutting two molars.






Saturday I was at the women's conference at church all day. It was a wonderful time of learning and worship. This was obviously the first time I've been to the Women's Conference at Providence and am already looking forward to it coming back in two years! I had such a good time worshiping, listening to the speaker (Elizabeth George) and going to the breakout sessions. Everything was so practical!

Ryan stayed with Hailey all day and these are the pictures I got. We have a little monkey on our hands...

sitting on the stroller for her baby dolls


Saturday night we had a cookout with our neighbors that was SO fun. We had met both couples already but it was great to get to share a meal with them. Both couples are right around our age and one has a baby on the way in May. It has been such a blessing to have friendly neighbors and we can't wait to get to know them better.

I posted this picture on Facebook already, but I took it as I was getting ready for church on Sunday morning. We let Hailey watch Praise Baby on the ipad to keep her occupied while Ryan and I were busy.




After church my mom and dad drove up to bring us a bunch of furniture from Mary Katherine's apartment in Atlanta and stuff that they still had at their house from before we moved. It was exciting for them to get to see the house as it is now because they last time they saw it was before we moved in when they came up to help paint. SO much has been done since then.

Grams occupied Hailey and helped me decorate inside and Ryan and my dad worked on stuff outside, getting things unloaded and beginning the process of building shelves for the attic.





Hailey's new toy shelf for her playroom that Grams and Das brought
They also brought a small bounce house for Hailey that belongs to my sister. They got it for my nephews birthday last year but he's too big for it now so Hailey gets to use it for a while. She had a blast! I can't wait to use it a lot this Spring and Summer.





They also brought Hailey a bunch of Elmo things. She LOVES Elmo! It just started the past two weeks. And it's so funny because until she started liking him we hadn't even watch Sesame Street. We just had an app for the ipad that had Elmo on it and she had a few books with him in it. But now Hailey asks for Elmo all the time. As soon as we walk down the stairs in the morning, whenever she sees the ipad, after getting up from a nap...it's cute to see her really want something.

Anyways, my mom brought her two Elmo bibs, pajamas and some books and movies that Tucker had liked. I washed the bibs today and when Hailey saw me folding them she tried to put them on by herself. I put one on her and she said "more" and wanted to wear both. She wore them the rest of the afternoon!


After my parents left we were exhausted! It was a super busy weekend, but such a good one. I wouldn't have wanted to miss any of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment