Saturday, March 15, 2014

Spring, Please Come Soon!

We had a great week with several warm days! It was so nice to get outside and play!

I'd seen the idea on Pinterest to create a tub of corn meal, rather than sand, to let kids play in so I thought we would give it a shot. Hailey loved it! She kept calling it her "sand box". She loved scooping it, "cutting" it, putting it through her sifter and letting me hide toys in it for her to find. We've already played with it since too! That's a win in my book!

Silly girl insisted on wearing her hat outside. Too funny






We also took lots of walks in the warm weather. George needed to come on this particular one and wanted to ride on Hailey's shoulders, like she does with Ryan.
"George ride shulners"
 These girls looked so cute before Bible Study on Tuesday morning I couldn't help but take a picture. They are so precious. I am so thankful that I get to care for Abbie and that Hailey loves her!
As the weather got colder towards the end of the week, we did inside activities again. A new favorite is dressing up...Hailey is Rapunzel and she wanted Abbie to be a spider. They have both enjoyed playing in this princess castle lately.
We even cleaned the bathrooms one day! I was cleaning the shower and Hailey wanted to help. Who am I to decline help?! (Don't worry...I gave her a baby wipe) After about 2 swipes with her baby wipe all she wanted to do was play in the shower. Oh well, at least it kept her entertained for a few minutes, right?!

We had Hailey's two year well-check at the doctor this week too. She did awesome. Here she is after her finger prick. She didn't even cry! She was pretty fascinated with her doggie band aid too. She kept asking for a sticker because she knows that she gets one when we leave so the sweet nurse went and got her one after the finger prick. The doctor said she's doing great. She was amazed by her speech and vocabulary and can tell she has lots of energy. I wouldn't want it any other way!
And lastly, my baby decided she doesn't want to eat in a high chair anymore. We were just using it as a booster seat anyways but this week she kept wanting to eat in a regular chair so we let her to see if she would stay seated and eat and she has. I didn't think we'd lose the booster for a while but I guess she's too big...tear...
This was the morning she talked Daddy into Chick-Fil-A for breakfast
We had a great week and enjoyed the warm days. Spring, please come soon...to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment