Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Mind of Her Own

We all know that Hailey is a little ahem, determined, shall we say. She definitely has her opinions about what she likes and doesn't like. In fact, I'm pretty sure her favorite phrase right now is "don't like it"...even if she's never tried or seen it before. She's pretty good about trying something new though.

Lately I'm seeing her opinions about clothing coming out more and more. She is in love with this particular Hello Kitty necklace as of late. She calls it the "beautiful necklace" and wants to wear it all the time. She wore it this week to Bible Study on Tuesday because she wanted to wear a necklace like Mommy.

Then one morning this week I was getting ready and she brings her new bathing suit top into my room while trying to take off her pajamas because "wear it". So I let her wear it for a little while before making her put on real clothes...choosing my battles...
She also found Daddy's toboggan to try on this week.
On Wednesday she and Abbie were playing in her room and Hailey decided they both needed to dress up. It was precious!
Hailey's also getting strong opinions about bath time. She prefers Mommy's "big bath tub", bubbles and thousands of toys. Sometimes these demands are met, other times not. She sure loves bubbles though...

Another thing Hailey loves: lemonade! Anytime we stop anywhere for food she assumes it is Chick-Fil-A and that I have lemonade. Lucky for her it usually is. But the other day we stopped at Bojangles, mostly to get lunch and keep Hailey awake in the car. I got lemonade and Hailey not only wanted to drink it, she wanted to hold it too.
We stopped at the grocery store earlier this week and picked up some grapes among other things. At first Hailey wanted a grape so I picked one off, rubbed it (because of course that removes anything dirty on it ;) ) and let her have it. By the end of our shopping trip this was happening in my cart
Stinker was picking the grapes off herself and eating them!

She has a mind of her own! I wouldn't have it any other way but boy do we have our work cut out for us!




No comments:

Post a Comment