Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Reece's First Trip to Charlotte

We were all planning to take our first family-of-four trip to Charlotte the first part of Easter weekend. But unfortunately, Hailey got sick Thursday morning. A stomach thing had been going around and poor girl caught it. She only got sick the one time but complained of her stomach hurting for three days. Well, my knight in shining armor husband told me to take Reece to Charlotte as planned (even a day early) to escape the germs and he would stay with Hailey. I absolutely hated leaving my sick baby but knew it was best for Reece and I to be far away from the germs so that we didn't catch it too.
So we loaded up and headed to Charlotte! Reece got plenty of quality time with Grams and Das, even though I don't have any pictures of that. Oops...But I do have some cute ones of him with his cousins! Tucker and Mack asked to hold him about a thousand times and just got so excited when he sat on their laps. Reece even gave Tucker a little smile!


One of my best friends, Jackie and her little girl Charley came over to visit too. I hadn't seen them in way too long and it was such a special treat!

Saturday morning we headed over to Mimi and Poppi's house to spend the day. Reece got to meet his great grandfather, PawPaw
and of course got lots of snuggles from Mimi and Poppi. He was throwing out some pretty serious smiles for Mimi. I may have gotten a little jealous ;)
That afternoon we headed back to Raleigh. I was so thankful to have some time away in Charlotte, but hated that Ryan and Hailey couldn't be there with us. That just means we have to make another trip back soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment