Sunday, April 19, 2015

What We've Been Up To

My mom came up to Raleigh this past weekend to visit and babysit the kids while Ryan and I went to an event at the church Friday night. While she was here, we spent lots of time playing!
Hailey discovered these "caterpillars" on our tree in the backyard. Of course they aren't really caterpillars but that's what my sisters and I used to call them. I showed them to Hailey and she immediately started collecting them and made a caterpillar family.


Mom brought Hailey her own shower cap since Hailey is in love with hers. Silly girl thought it was the best!
Friday morning my mom took Hailey on an "adventure" (to get her hair cut and play at Barnes and Noble) while Ryan and I took Reece to a doctor's appointment. Doesn't she look so big?!
That night my mom kept both of them for our first night out! We went to a worship night at the church but it was still a night out. We may have gotten dinner first too!

And here are a few other random pics from our everyday life:
Hailey helped by giving Reece a book to look at. Too bad it was almost as big as he is!
Ryan was so excited to show Reece his first Opening Day of baseball. He may have had on his baseball pajamas too!
Hailey "fishing" from her "boat". I was on the floor and was named the octopus. Reece was a scuba diver. :)
Hailey has been really into drawing with sidewalk chalk lately. She always wants me to draw our family. This day she asked me to draw Mimi. So I drew the body but Hailey added the hair and Mimi's purse.
Silly girl passed out one night while reading books after we had put her to bed.
And Hailey had been asking us for an umbrella for months. I don't know where she got the idea that she needed one but every time it rained she would remind us that we need an umbrella and she needs her own. So for Easter I found a My Little Pony one and put it in her Easter basket. She was thrilled. She even got to try it out before we left for church that morning...in the sunshine.

We had a tea party one morning while Reece was napping and after I taught Hailey to wash the dishes. She loved playing with the soap and wash cloth. She looked at me and said "Look! I'm a mommy!"...Well, yes. I do wash a lot of dishes...
 We went to visit a friend who just had a baby. Reece is on the right and baby Azariah is on the left. He was as long as Reece, just not quite as many rolls. :)


We're looking forward to more springtime adventures!





No comments:

Post a Comment