Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend Away

In my last post, I mentioned that Ryan and I were going away for the weekend (ok well, really just one night). Providence does several Pastors Retreats each year to give the pastors time to relax, spend time together and plan for the church. Well, one of those retreats each year is for pastors and their wives! This past Friday and Saturday was that retreat!

We got to go to Wrightsville Beach / Wilmington. It was so much fun to hang out with the other pastors and their wives and get to have more than a 5 minute conversation! We drove to the beach Friday afternoon and had time to check in to the hotel and take a quick walk on the beach before dinner. We all ate at "Sweet and Savory" for dinner and then just went back to the hotel to hang out. Saturday morning we had a prayer and praise time. It was so sweet to get to pray for the other pastors' families and praise together. After that, we did a little shopping and had lunch at "Flaming Amy's" before heading home.

It was a quick trip, but a great one nonetheless. For Ryan and I it was really a great time to actually get to know the other couples we serve with each week. We had a chance to actually sit and talk with them about their lives and families. I'm so thankful that Providence makes these retreats a priority each year.

(No, I didn't take any pictures while we were away...)

Anyways, my mom and dad came to Raleigh to keep Hailey for the night. (in the midst of the minor catastrophe) It was hard to leave her for the night, but I knew she was in great hands and it was good for both of us. Throughout the weekend I got picture updates of the fun they were having. Here are a few pics of my sweet baby on her first weekend with Grams and Gramps:

Mr. Hightops~ her new toy from Grams and Gramps
playing on the patio in her walker from Paige and Brandon Summey. She loves this thing!
swinging on the Nature Trail
the good morning picture I got on Saturday morning
to prove to me that she was eating! I was so excited!
Hailey had a great time with her grandparents over the weekend and it was nice to get away with Ryan. I missed her a lot and was very excited to see her when we returned, but now I know that she can survive without me! (this was the first time that she really had to take a bottle because I was gone for so long and she did great.)

I'm sure there will be many more weekends with grandparents in the years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment