Sunday, February 9, 2014

Catch-up

So I mentioned in the last post that Hailey was sick...well I feel like we're finally recovering from it, a week later. Boo... :( It just seemed to stick around forever! Plus it looks like she had some sort of reaction to the antibiotic they put her on so she got a terrible looking rash for several days too. I felt so terrible for her! She spent the first part of this week doing a lot of this:
Poor thing slept on the couch for 4 hours on Monday! I kept thinking I should move her to her bed, but then I figured she would wake up soon so I didn't want to bother her...4 hours and a lot of cuddling later she woke up. It was a nice break for Mommy too!

Tuesday I started to see some of her normal personality returning, you know, lots of climbing. ;)
 And she had to feed those babies
Look how long her hair is!
Wednesday I finally felt like she was herself again. Isn't this the sweetest picture?! I know it's blurry but I had to catch a sweet moment between her and Abbie. They really love each other. Hailey asks every morning if Abbie is coming and gets SO excited when Mr. David brings her to the door. I absolutely love it! Such an answer to prayer.
 And yes Hailey's socks totally don't match her outfit but when your sick, well...getting better, little girl tells you that she wants Cookie socks, you say ok. ;)
This one make me laugh this week too. Abbie was so intent on reaching for Hailey's snack as I helped her stand up. Hailey...she couldn't care less, she was engrossed in Daniel Tiger.
Friday afternoon Ryan brought Hailey and I flowers! I got pink roses and he brought Hailey bright-colored daises. She LOVED them! They are in a vase on our kitchen table and Hailey loves to climb on the chairs and say "Daddy flowers Hailey. Beautiful." I love how Ryan thinks of special things to do for Hailey and I.


And when naptime is a bust and it's not freezing outside what do you do? Load up for a walk in the stroller with your sunglasses and a lollipop of course!

And I knew my sweet girl was feeling like herself when she wanted to dress up like Minnie Mouse that afternoon and refused to change, even if we had friends coming over for dinner. Oh well, she looks cute helping me cook, right?!



"Mixa, Mixa, Mixa!"


Shew! It's no fun having a sick little girl but I sure love seeing her return to her normal, playful, giggly, independent self!

No comments:

Post a Comment