Thursday, May 2, 2013

House Progress

We've still been working away on our little house! We've done a lot of little things, but nothing that seemed worthy of it's own blog post. So, here is a little of what we've been working on.

We hung new blinds on the windows downstairs. We're going to wait on the upstairs for a little while because they don't really need to be replaced like the others did. They really make a big difference in how the rooms look. To us, they look so much cleaner and neater.


We got a new welcome mat for the front door. As you can see, Hailey seems to like it.





The half bath (downstairs) is done! It has been painted and decorated. We painted it a taupe color, a little lighter than the rest of the walls downstairs. We used the mirror that was already in there and just spray painted it black. Then we, well Ryan, spray painted a shelf that we got from my sister and hung it above the toilet. We used a picture and decorations we already had and only bought a new hand towel to match. So, this room was pretty inexpensive to do, minus the paint for the walls.

spray painting the mirror frame

looking to the left from the door

looking to the right above the toilet
We also hung the picture wall in the living room! I was so excited to get this up and get current pictures in it. They're a mix of wedding pictures, Hailey's newborn pictures and one year pictures. I love how it turned out! It really takes up a lot of space on the huge open wall that has the couch on it.

ignore the mess of Hailey's toys

closer up
And one other change that has been fun for me...my sewing table is finally set up! The guest room is nowhere near done, but we finally set up my table so that I could set up the sewing machine.




I gave my machine a workout yesterday since I hadn't been able to use it in so long. I made a lot of new paci clips (only a few were for Hailey, the others were for gifts) and monogrammed two blankets. Lots of fun!


We are constantly working on the house, so I'm sure we'll have more updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment