Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Imagination and Talking

I LOVE how Hailey's imagination is coming to life. She constantly cracks me up with the things she does. Here are a few examples of her imagination in action.

I mentioned how she loves baby dolls now. Well the past two or three days whenever we've gone somewhere she's wanted to take her baby. Monday I told her that we were going to have lunch with Clara (a friend). She immediately went and got her baby (in the play carrier) and said "shoes" and tried to put her shoes on the baby.



We also had to take a baby to run errands today. And Hailey wanted it to sit beside her in the cart.


Yesterday afternoon I was trying to cook dinner in the midst of post-nap crankies. I was doing something at the sink and hear Hailey taking the pans out of the under-oven drawer. I was kind of glad she had found something to occupy herself with instead of hanging on my leg. I figured I could just wash the pans later. Then I hear her say "night night". So I turned around and saw this:







She had put her baby to sleep in the oven drawer! Her imagination is so sweet!

I've mentioned that Hailey is quite the chatter box too. She is constantly talking and it's so interesting to hear how her mind is working. She is starting to occasionally put two words together.
It's been raining here for the past week, literally. So we haven't been outside much and are going a little stir crazy. Monday during a break in the rain I took Hailey outside because she was begging "side side". She found a puddle at the end of the driveway and said "oah. pash." Translation: "water. splash." She had a blast just splashing in the little bit of water. She would splash and then stomp and say "tomp." Then look at me and say "Mama." and want me to do it.




Hailey loves bubbles and has been asking for them a lot lately. My mom got her a little bubble maker and we were having some fun with it the other night, in between rain showers. Hailey would say "bubble. pop." and chase the bubbles with her finger out to pop them. She learned that she could pop them on the grass and had a great time with that too!


I'm loving this age with Hailey!


No comments:

Post a Comment