Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Holden Beach- Part 2

I promise this will be the last of the vacation posts. There were just so many cute pictures and things that happened in two weeks, I didn't want to leave anything out.

Our attempts at a family picture. They didn't really  turn out too great because some little teething girl wasn't too into it. Notice the fingers in her mouth...all of them were like that.




I had to document the cuteness of her pig tails!


We went to eat ice cream and play putt putt one night after dinner. I just knew Hailey would love the ice cream and probably not care too much about putt putt. I figured she would have fun running around outside but that was about it. I was wrong. She didn't care much about the ice cream (although she ate a great dinner that night, so that may have had something to do with it) and she had a blast at putt putt. Mimi bought her a little plastic golf club and ball and she had fun trying to hit the ball a few times. But she really loved carrying around mine and Ryan's golf balls; so much so that we had to go ask for new ones inside so that she didn't melt down. She also loved running up and down the hill on the first hole.

Hailey with Mimi and Poppi one night before dinner.


Hailey's precious fish outfit.





And this is what happens when you leave the car door open to cool it off before getting in.

I'm thinking this is a glimpse into my future about 15 years from now.

I mentioned that Hailey came to love the water while on vacation...here is proof during her bath time one night. This is now a common sight at bath time. We've gotten her to kick and put her face in the water to blow bubbles.






One last picture. This is Hailey's first "masterpiece". I got/found that I'd never given her lots of new games and things for the car because I knew it would be a long trip. One of the things I got were crayons. Hailey's never really drawn before and is starting to notice us write and ask to "draw" too so I thought it might be something fun.





Other things we used were cling-ons for the window (we used them on a cookie sheet), Goldilocks and the three bears house and stuffed animals, pushing pom poms game, DVDs and new books. All in all she did good in the car, she just needed a lot of entertaining.

We had an awesome vacation and are so blessed to be able to spend the time with our families!







No comments:

Post a Comment