Wednesday, June 12, 2013

15 Months

Hailey turned 15 months last Saturday (June 8th) but we just had her 15 month doctor's appointment yesterday. She weighed 21 lbs. 4 oz. (60%) and was 29 and 1/2 in. tall (20%). Her head was 44 and 1/2 cm (25%). All of her percentiles are pretty much holding steady to where they were at her 12 month appointment. Her head circumference has come up a little bit but not much.


The doctor was amazed at Hailey's speaking and vocabulary. She was impressed of all that Hailey was saying and mimicking and how much that she (the doctor) and others could understand of what she said.  She was also impressed at how Hailey communicated non-verbally. For example, at one point Hailey took my hand and said "Go. Go." and walked me over to the door of the room! She really wanted to go see the fish in the waiting room and kept doing the fish face all throughout the appointment.

Other 15 month updates:
  • Hailey is still sleeping from about 7:30pm to 6:00am. We now only rock her for about 5 minutes and she goes to sleep the rest of the way by herself in her crib. I know I can't rock her forever but I miss it already! This morning when Hailey woke up she stood up in her crib and said "Dada! Dada!" for Ryan to come and get her. (He gets up with her in the mornings.) It was so sweet!
  • She is still taking one nap from about 12:15 to around 2:00 or 2:30 in the afternoons. If we are out and about in the morning she almost always falls asleep in the car for about 15 minutes. 
  • Hailey still loves to be read to. She now has her own little titles for her books. For example Goodnight Moon is "mouse" because she likes the mouse in it.  Baby's House is "tick tock" because of the clock. Just Like Mommy is either "eek" because of the spider or "hoo hoo" because of the owl. I love that she is understanding and remembering things!
  • Hailey loves to help. If I'm folding clothes she will hand me things from the basket. The other day I handed her a towel and asked her to take it into the bathroom and she did. She put it in the bathtub; but at least it was in the bathroom! If I ask her to put something in the dirty clothes she will take it to the hamper too. 
  • I can't even list all of the words she can say. See the Things I Don't Want to Forget post for a partial list. She is starting to put together a few word combinations. Sometimes when Ryan leaves for work she will say "bye bye dada" instead of just bye bye. 
  • Hailey LOVES her baby dolls. She carries one around the house a lot of the time. Whenever she finds a blanket or something she can use as a blanket she puts one of her babies "night night"". We were at the park today and another little girl had brought a baby doll and Hailey was more interested in it than playing. 
That's all I can think of for now...
I can't wait to see my girl continue to grow and change!

No comments:

Post a Comment