Friday, June 28, 2013

Grams Came to Visit

Ryan was out of town for a night later in the week so my mom came up to hang out with me and Hailey.

We took Hailey shopping one afternoon...it was an experience. Hailey did great. She just would much rather be walking around, touching everything and playing rather than sitting in the stroller.



She had the best time walking around the stores talking to people!

We found two little rides that had Sesame Street characters on them and Hailey loved them. And by loved them I mean talked about them the rest of the afternoon until we took her back to see them again. It was so funny!


giving Ernie a kiss

Mom got Hailey a new baby doll and a high chair for her while she was here. Hailey thought it was so cool. She has played with it constantly ever since. After we put it together, we put the baby in it and told Hailey to get her some food from her play kitchen. She brought back the bucket of food and dumped it on the baby's tray. It was hilarious!


making sure she has enough food
feeding the baby

This next one is quite possibly one of my favorite pictures of Hailey. Let me explain...the past week or so Hailey has been picking up on the fact that we pray before meals. She had asked to pray a few times when I was buckling her into her high chair for a meal. I thought it was so sweet that she was remembering that we pray. Since then she has started asking to pray all throughout the day. She will just stop what she's doing, fold her hands and say "pay". It is absolutely precious!  A few times she has even said "Baby. Pay." or "Muyen. (muffin) Pay." so that I will pray for something specific. Let me tell you. It has really challenged me to think of more things to thank God for. Because when we pray I will say something like "Thank you Jesus for our food." or "Dear God, thank you for our baby dolls." And when Hailey wants you to pray 6 or 7 seven times in a row, I admit, I kind of scramble to think of something. It's been good for me to think of more things to thank God for all throughout the day.
Anyways...After Hailey gave her baby the food to eat, she folded her hands and said "Pay." It absolutely melted my heart! It was totally unprompted by me. I just love how much she is learning! I pray that she continues to see our love for Christ and wants to model that in her own life.


I am so glad that my mom came to visit while Ryan was gone. We had a blast and Hailey is still asking "Gams?" We love having Grams visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment