Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Perfect Saturday

Today was so much fun! I had to run a few errands this morning and Hailey and Ryan went with me. It was a treat! (Ryan isn't really the shopper...) Hailey had a blast in Target and Old Navy. We didn't put her in a cart or stroller because we knew one could chase her while the other actually did what we came for. She was so cute walking up and down the aisles. She played with her shadow and counted to eight by herself while she hopped along the tiles. (She can count to 14 but usually we count together with me saying a number or two and her continuing after those. This time she did 1-8 without pausing.)
We got ready to go this morning and Hailey had to take her purse. It's actually a lunch box but don't tell her that. She got it for Christmas from my cousin and loves it!



Hailey absolutely loved playing at Old Navy. She hid in the clothes racks and loved walking around and looking at the mannequins.
 She must have tired herself out because she took a three and a half hour nap this afternoon!

Tonight for dinner we made pizza at home. We've done it a few times but I really let Hailey have fun with it and do a lot this time. I'm really trying to let her help me cook more and more because she LOVES it. She climbs up in her tower and says "Mommy helper. Big girl." I'm having to take a step back and not freak out about the mess she makes. I have to remind myself that I can clean it later and that we are making memories.

Someone stuck their hand in the sauce,
 and then wanted it cleaned off. "Wipe. Clean."
 Not worried about the mess anymore. She loved helping with the cheese!
I told her to say cheese so Ryan could take a picture and she looked into the bowl of cheese and smiled instead. Silly...

 Adding her toppings. She picked broccoli and pepperoni. Girl loves some broccoli, but only the top part. She will not eat the stems.
 More cheese. She couldn't get enough.
 She played in that bowl of cheese for a good five minutes after I put the pizzas in the oven.

Ahhhh! The perfect Saturday. I love making memories with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment