Sunday, October 20, 2013

Date Night!

So I already posted about the beginning of our week and how Hailey makes me laugh constantly, but the rest of my week was pretty good too! :)

Ryan has been telling me for about a month that we were going to have a date night but wouldn't tell me what we were doing. I hate that...I am the boring person that doesn't like surprises. I like to plan and know what's going to happen. But God gave me a man who loves to plan surprises. I'm working on it...

Well Thursday night was our big date. Ryan's mom came up to keep Hailey and to hang out for the weekend so I knew that Hailey wouldn't miss us a bit. Ryan had given me some clues during the week about where we were going but none of them made sense to me. When we got in the car to go eat dinner I begging yet again for him to tell me where we were going. And he caved! We were going to the State Fair to see Sister Hazel in concert! We had seen them in concert 10 years ago as one of our first "big" dates when we first started dating. And by "big" date I mean I was in Nashville, TN with my family and he asked my dad to let me fly back home to go to the concert...Pretty good when you've only been dating like 2 months.


Needless to say I was excited and we really enjoyed the concert. It was fun to hear the old songs and reminisce about our life at the time we were singing them. Plus it was just fun to be together. :)


After the concert we walked around the fair and gawked, I mean, looked at all of the crazy things. To top it off, they were shooting off fireworks because it was the first night of the fair. I love fireworks!


No comments:

Post a Comment